Wednesday, December 17, 2008

where has the time gone?





I took my last final on Monday. Not just my last for the semester, my last forever. Unless of course I end up doing graduate school. wrong! It's a weird feeling when something comes to an end. I've spent quite a bit of time here at BYU, 5 years to be exact, which feels like forever. High School seems like a distant memory. I can remember absolutely hating my first semester here. There were a lot of reasons, GE classes suck, my family was living in Singapore still where I wanted to be, the honor code was a bit intense for me (i'm more of an independent spirit), and at the time I felt like the people I was around were self righteous and judgemental. I actually begged my parents to not make me come back here when I went home for Christmas.

They made me go back.

But I started going to breakdance club that semester and met some guys who kind of took me in and made me feel part of something. In fact I live with one of them now, Mike Easterling. Came back from the mission and picked up right where I left off. Doing the bboy thing. These guys I dance with have become family to me and have made this journey through BYU an experience I would not trade for anything. That's right, groundhounds son! uuuughhhh! haha


But it wasn't just these guys who made the difference there have been countless others who I have met in class, or in church or through other dance groups I have done that have brought joy to my life. And even though they'll probably never even read this I want to say thank-you, you have enriched my time here at BYU.

Enough nostalgia.

I just took my last final ever. ever. ever. ever. After 5 years of tests, papers, projects -- this feeling is priceless.





7 comments:

MeganandClaudy said...

YEA! I'm excited to the be the first to comment. CONGRATS on your last final...it's a good feeling. I think I failed mine-but it was STILL a good feeling.
I knew it was only a matter of time that you started blogging, having a blank one is just too much temptations...I'll look forward to other posts and hearing about your cali experiences. Merry Christmas!

Melanie said...

you are the bomb--my funny independent nephew!! Way to go--you did it! I hear you're going to be in LA soon. We'll be down there the 3rd week of Jan to do Disneyland, so we'll give you a call! So...that means you better give me your cell number. Again, congrats to a great guy! We love you!! Auntie Melanie

Kourtney and Jake said...

I'm glad you're finally on here, especially since you're leaving, so now I can keep up with you :) I'm so proud of you for finishing school! I love you

Kourt

Nicholas and Brittani said...

Welcome to the bloging world. I really like your picture. CONGRATS on being done with school. Nic has one semester and I have two. We for sure will be celebrating!

becca said...

Congrats on being done! I remember that feeling well. It never gets old--I still get home in the evenings and feel great because I don't have to do homework!

Krista & Tyler said...

KYLE! You blogged! What?!??!!? haha Congrats. Doesn't taking your last final make you sooooo happy?!?! I remember that feeling. I can't wait to feel it again!
I'm excited for you to go to Cali-I think I'll come visit. I am off of school for a month, you know. haha Anyway, I hope that you have a wonderful holiday and love your life. We just cherish you. And way to hate those self-righteous trolls down at BYU. I'm way to EC (east coast) for those trolls. Yuck. I never would have lasted without opening my mouth one too many times haha
You're wonderful. And I'm kinda jealous that Mikey got mentioned by name....hmm....either way, thanks for being my friend!
Ciao!

Holly said...

I'm so jealous! But I guess I have one semester left so no complaints! At least 411 is over, no more not paying attention in the back!