Wednesday, September 16, 2009

disney.




I'm a Disney fan. I buy into the happy ending thing. Those smiling characters give me hope for some reason. For the most part I'm down with pretty much all the classics, the new ones, however, are hit and miss.

My favorites : Hercules & Mulan

Great stories, but it's the soundtracks that hook me. Overall, love the soundtracks. But each one has one song that gets me every time I hear them.

Hercules - Go the Distance
Mulan - Reflection

There is something about "Go the Distance" that makes me think of things from a spiritual perspective. It's all about Hercules doing whatever it takes to get back to his dad, Zeus. And really isn't that what we're trying to do? Get back to our eternal father... But the song talks about all the things he is going to have to overcome in order to make the journey back and the difficulty he is going to face--- We face challenges of our own as we make the journey back to our Father in Heaven.

I've loved the Reflection song since I first heard it.

Why?

Because it has always been applicable to me......


2 comments:

Holly said...

Mulan is wonderful! And while Reflection is a good song I think "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is the best.

leah marie said...

Mulan may be the most quoted Disney movie in the Wasson household. or Emperor's New Groove, it's a toss-up. Either way, thanks for giving me something fun to read! :)