Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Team Alice

Back-to-back days of solo movie trips to the Alamo Drafthouse to catch a movie has made these 2 days some of my most adventurous yet since being back.

Oh man. That doesn't exactly make my life sound exciting right now, does it? Hhhmm, guess I'll have to work on that.

Todays matinee showing? New Moon.

Part 2 in the Twilight Saga. Before you ask - yes, I have read the books. All of them.

This single literary conquest places me in the heart of a very large but defined demographic. Teen girls ages 12-18. Not exactly the ideal spot for a 25 year-old male. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the storyline of the books and was bound to like the movies before ever stepping into a theater.

There is a lot of talk right now (among the specified demographic) about which team you are on. You can choose to be on Team Edward (the glistening vampire) or Team Jacob (the werewolf). The general consensus after this movie has Team Jacob well ahead of the opposition. Even I found myself liking Jacob more than Edward in this movie, which is surprising since that didn't happen when I read the book.

But I will not choose either team. In fact I have created my own team. Team Alice. The vampire. As the most beautiful person who steps onto the screen it was an easy decision to make her my choice- not to mention her bubbly and fun personality to cap it off.


Oh man - it's probably a good thing none of the guys read this blog. I just realized that I not only saw the movie, but have now spent the better part of 10 minutes writing about it.

I'm caught. Kyle, welcome to the Girls ages 12-18 demographic.

Dang.

7 comments:

ashley said...

team emmett. no i can't do it. in the movie i'm jacob all the way.

Holly said...

good choice. I love Alice... in the book in the movies. I wanted to make Jonny play Jasper to my Alice for Halloween but it was just too hard to make it work and have people know who we were supposed to be. I've decided I'm Team Edward and Team Taylor.

Kailynn Cooper said...

You have the demographics all wrong, it's girls from 12 up to 40! I even saw a shirt someone made for the opening show that read "My marriage survived Twilight!" Too funny!

Krista & Tyler said...

Its ok, Kyle. I tell the whole crew what you write about anyway :) keeps us all honest. haha

Hope you're doing great!

Kory Kekoa Aldous said...

oh ill tell everyone you homo!!

Sarah said...

Love it! I'm Team Alice, also (and Emmett)!

SARIE said...

I love alice, but I am on edward's team!