Monday, July 13, 2009

the big 3.



I've made 3 big decisions in the past week.

1. I'm moving out of the Slate House. (My place of residence for the past 2 years, where I live with the guys in the crew and have more fun than I could've ever imagined)

2. I'm going to cut down on my dancing. (My biggest passion in life; a source of fun, freedom, creativity, and self confidence)

3. I'm going to quit my job at SecurityOne. (A fun place to work because of all the people.... even though the job itself sucks)

What am I hoping to accomplish with these 3 things? Hopefully I'll find myself more capable of a healthy relationship..... That's the goal at least.

So, let's start with #1 -- I moved out Saturday. I'm now living with grandparents Aldous currently. Apparently I am incapable of a relationship while living with the crew. I can't argue with that statement, so change was needed.

Oh #2 -- it breaks my heart to do this. We are talking about something that I have arranged most of my life around. I never worked late nights because I wanted to practice. I never went to FHE because I wanted to practice. I would avoid studying and schoolwork because I wanted to practice. I even based my social life around practicing, I would avoid normal dating because it usually seemed to interfere with practicing. I go to competitions both here in Utah, down in Vegas and have traveled out to LA for Freestyle Session the past 2 years. If you have never been this passionate about something then you won't understand why I was SO willing to give up anything and everything for dancing. But even now, I can't cut out dancing completely, I'm just cutting down to only 3 days of practice a week. It's the best I can do.


and finally, #3 -- Well I have to admit this was the easiest decision of them all. Working 4-8 meant that practice was 8:30-10:30 or later which really doesn't leave a lot of time for a significant other. I never really liked the job, although I love the people I work with. So, this Friday will be my last day there.

I guess the real question now is....

Will this all be worth it?

*I put a picture of my family on here because if giving up these things will allow me to someday have a family like the one I have now then the answer to the question is: yes, it will be more than worth the sacrifices.


7 comments:

Sarah said...

You're really smitten with this girl, aren't you? Moving out and quitting your job is one thing (well, two actually!), but cutting down dancing?!

Angela S said...

It is really exciting to read about these changes. And brave too. You're putting yourself out there. We'll be praying for you to feel the strength you need to keep going with this.

MeganandClaudy said...

way to go! those sound like some hard decisions. Even though you may not feel it, I can see real growth from your last few posts...remember sacrifice is all about giving up something now for something BETTER later. You can do it my friend! Stick in there!

Anonymous said...

Good luck son. You know you could always bring the ladies to practice they actually like it. Let me know if you need some pointers from Papa.

Breanna said...

Can I just play devils advocate for a moment??? SYTYCD is coming to Salt Lake on the 24th for auditions. GO! If things don't work out at that audition then move ahead with your decision to cut back. You've just put so much time and effort into your dance. It's what you love! Your passion! Your gift! I don't think Heavenly Father gave you that talent without reason. You could be such a force for good in the dance community. One last hurrah??

justified said...

Breanna, yeah I'm totally trying out for SYTYCD. I tried out last time they were in SLC and it was so much fun, so I'm gonna do it again. And I also have 2 competitions in August 'm getting ready for. But I'll just have to do it on 3 days practice/week. haha

Karlie Hancock said...

I think that is really cool Kyle. Good for you to follow your heart :) I think it's the best thing we can do!