Thursday, August 6, 2009

800 years.

A random conversation at work last week occupied my thoughts and continues on at this moment. One of my coworkers even blogged about it herself and in turn got her roommate to blog about it. So it's obviously necessary for me to write down a couple things.

So what's the topic?

If you could live to be 800, would you do it? And what would you do with that time?
(Several assumptions must be taken into consideration before you answer this; no one can know that you are the worlds oldest individual, no one else can live that same length ie. no 800 year old spouses, you are still susceptible to injury and pain and lastly, you spend the 800 years basically in the "prime" of life around 25 years old)

Based on the aforementioned assumptions my answer would easily be; YES! No second thoughts.

Now what would I do with that time? Here's a small list of activities :

*Live on EVERY continent. (Yes, we are including Antarctica)
*Learn roughly 20 languages (one of those must be the clicking language down in Africa)
I figure with 20 languages you can safely navigate most of the world.
*Start a successful company (I'll sell it off for around 8 figures before moving on)
*Learn about 6 culinary dishes from MOST cultures worldwide so I can hold crazy dinner parties.
*Learn every bboy move possible (maybe even create some)
*Win the Red Bull BC One!
*Own my own dance studio that gives completely FREE lessons to the kids who can't afford the normal studios. (Mine will be better anyways!)
*Win a PGA tour
*Learn to fly
*Live in the Amazon for awhile
*Have sex 283,300 times (thnks for doing the math on that Ashley)
*Visit every temple (both LDS and non-LDS)
*Learn to play the piano so well I get invited to play at Carnegie Hall, NYC
*Become a professional photographer
*Write several books (I actually am hoping to do this within this lifetime)
*Win a gold medal in the Olympics (I'm not too fussed about which sport it's in)
*Have my own clothing line
*Take a trip around the world in a hot air balloon
*Go to the moon to moonwalk
*Build a grip of houses in several areas of need around the world
*Form a non-profit that helps kids in need get an education so that they can succeed and in turn help other kids
*Have a very large family
*Go on a lot of couples missions
*Create the craziest zoo, EVER
*Have a pet tiger (at least until he tries to kill me)
*Star in a Bollywood movie (how could you not want to be in a movie where everyone spontaneously starts dancing)
*Be President of the United States ( this was the ONLY thing I wanted to be my entire youth)
*Get back into playing the french horn and play with the New York Philharmonic
*Conduct an orchestra (after developing "perfect pitch")
*Star in a TV show (preferably a comedy)
*Become so rich that I can end hunger in several countries for a couple centuries
*Become professionally capable in EVERY major dance form (including ballet)
*Spend the ENTIRE 800 years developing meaningful and lasting friendhsips/relationships (out of all of the endless possibilities of things to do, this is the MOST important)

Thinking about all of the things I want to do and then remembering my life is SO short is a sobering thought.

Am I using the time I have been given to the fullest?




3 comments:

ashley said...

a VERY large family...with all the sex you're gonna have haha!

leah marie said...

This made me laugh, roll my eyes, and be excited for you all at the same time! I'm liking what you'll do with 800 years...love it! :)

Krista & Tyler said...

haha thanks kyle. i'll be praying that your prayer reaches the right place. that way, we can't miss :) hope you are happy!