Friday, August 28, 2009

break.

break (verb) --

to dissolve or annul.
to put an end to.
to remove a part from.
to disable or destroy as if by shattering or crushing.

dictionary.com tells me that these are some common definitions of the word break. As of Wednesday night, "break" takes on a whole new meaning.

break -- state of limbo where you reside when you are not dating, but have not completely ruled out the possibility of dating.

in short, break = SUCK.

Kristin and I are on a break. First time I've ever been on a break before. Although let's be honest I have never really been serious enough with anyone else to get to the "break" stage of a relationship. Well, except maybe Allison in high school. But, that was high school, there aren't many complications and things were smooth sailing there.

The purpose of this break? Neither of us feel like we are as happy as we were when we first started dating. So now we are going to step back, take a breather, and I guess see where we want to go from here.

How do I feel after day one?

Like something is missing. It's interesting that I spent all afternoon with the guys doing all kinds of stuff and had a TON of fun. But-- I felt different. I can't remember the last time I felt a loss like this. Maybe I never have.....

So, now what?
Well, Kristin will date other people. BLEH!
Grandma told me this morning as I ironed my shirt that maybe Kristin left because she already found someone else! Hahaha, thanks for the pick-me-up to start the day! As for me, I'm thinking I might use my new found spare time to do a little personal overhaul. I think I really need to do a better job of being the type of person I want to marry eventually.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the last sentence is what i think a lot of people forget...and the break up is the worst movie ever!
ashley

Kailynn Cooper said...

Dallas actually just bought that movie from Target for $5 when we were trying to break a $20! Anyways, I know there is someone out there for you Kyle...and don't let grandma bring you down! I could totally see her saying that though!

justified said...

Haha. No worries, grandma was just playing! And yeah who knows what will happen now... I wish I did.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.