Tuesday, March 2, 2010

update.


So it's been awhile since I last wrote so here's what you missed:

Submitted BYU graduate school application
GRE done. Recommendations written. Application turned in. I'm not sure how long I'll be waiting. My buddy said he heard back within a month--that would be nice. I am putting all my eggs in this basket. I really want to get my Master's.

Survived Snowmageddon 2010
I never saw snow like this in Utah Valley. We had no church for 2 straight weeks. School shut down for almost 2 weeks. I spent more time shoveling than ever before. We lost power for a bit and didn't leave the house for days. I have renewed my personal vow to live somewhere warm.

Battled @ Unbreakable 3
This jam was so dope. Some big name bboys showed up. Nasty Ray was a judge and the Squadron came out to battle. The Squadron killed it. I didn't make it past the prelims. Weak. I was quickly reminded why you have to practice hard every day. I know part of the reason I moved out here was to help turn this into more of a hobby but I really want to practice hard again.

Attended 1st YSA dance in VA
We drove an hour into Maryland and arrived half an hour late to see this :
About 20 people
A cd player dj turned up to the max and super scratchy
Weak food
Overall I'd say it was a wonderful event

Began subbing for Frederick County Public Schools
Great way to make some money. Just kickin' it with some kids. Typically I just hand out worksheets and talk with the students. Easiest money I've ever made.

Leah came to visit me
What an amazing weekend. She is my best friend/girlfriend! We talk on the phone all the time--but seeing her is the BEST! I love her so much. We know each other so well and every time I am with her everything feels right.





3 comments:

Kailynn Cooper said...

I hope you get into graduate school too! And I totally remember going to one of those YSA dances too when I was in institute there and that's exactly how it was then!!! Hahahaha! Thanks for the update!

Kourtney and Jake said...

Yay for your life :) Good luck with Grad school and hurry up and come out here! I miss you!

Melanie said...

Good luck getting into grad school! It would be great to have you out west again. Glad life is happy with Leah!