Tuesday, January 13, 2009

perpetual neverland.....


I’d like to believe that living in a perpetual Neverland is a possibility for me. A place where I am able to do the things I would like to do, when I want to do them and in the way I want to do them. This is not reality. The reality of life is that I have now graduated from college. There are some things you cannot avoid as you grow up. I have bills that need to be paid. Money is a necessity. Priorities need to shift and change. When I was in school I could afford to “waste” time watching bboy videos on Youtube for hours at a time. This is no longer an option for me. When I go to work I am expected to do just that, work. Gone are the days where my biggest frustration was finding that the dance studio on campus was being used by the ballroomers. I now wonder about health care, an ever falling economy and a declining job market. Ughh.
This is not too related, but I actually had a dream that I was Peter Pan several nights ago. Well, at least that’s how the dream started. I was flying (if you have not had a flying dream before, you really need to look into trying it) accompanied by the most carefree feeling I have ever experienced. Sadly the dream ended with me losing not only my ability to fly but that wonderful feeling. And I remember feeling absolutely terrible before I woke up.
I don’t think we are meant to feel like that. And growing up doesn’t have to be like that, at least not my version of growing up. I plan on growing up and somehow holding on to at least a piece of that wonderful carefree feeling . . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

growing up sucks. and the flying dreams are CHRISTMAS!
~ashley (kory's friend)