Wednesday, January 28, 2009

sunset at the beach ....


After work finished today I went over to Hermosa beach to relax... I went out to the pier sat down on a bench and just looked out at the sunset while listenin' to some Owl City. I sat there thinking about how lucky I am to have this job. It's not just because all my food, gas and rent is paid for. It's not just because I get to be somewhere warm in the winter, or even that I get to sit by the beach after work. I consider this one of the Lords tender mercies on me that I have this job. I think Heavenly Father realized I'm probably not ready to jump right into the real world, and I think he is easing me in. Haha. I also realize the job market isn't quite what it used to be. I was working some restaurants in a shopping plaza and saw a line of about 70 people with job applications at a grocery store. Times are tough. I am grateful to have a job. That is a tender mercy in itself at this point in time.

Sunset at the beach was amazing.

1 comment:

SARIE said...

that sounds like a great job. I'm glad you are liking cali and the sunset is beautiful I would just like to see those shades on you :)