Saturday, March 7, 2009

days in the bay.


I spent the past week in the Bay Area. What a beautiful place. We went into San Francisco several nights and walked around. The city has so much to offer if you're willing to walk. A lot. Parking sucks as it does in most cities. But once you're out of the car you can get anywhere. I really liked Northern California because of the diversity of environments. After work one afternoon we hiked around this amazing redwood forest and then fifteen minutes later watched the sunset at Half Moon Bay. Absolutely beautiful.

While sitting at the beach I was thinking about graduate school, the latest plan for the near future. I still have not heard back from Sister Walton about the application deadline. Technically the deadline was last Saturday, but there are always exceptions to the rule. However, with no word back I'm weighing new options. Well, I guess technically I'm weighing the only other option, find a job. The problem is, where do I go? To be honest I can think of a lot of reasons to move back to Provo. Kickin' it with the crew and my other friends is definitely a top one. I'm also missing all the kids I used to teach and I'm anxious to see them again. But there is also a certain girl that I can't seem to stop thinking about that draws me back. But should I really base my future on something that is only a possibility, and maybe not even a good one? I'm too freakin' emotional about decisions sometimes. I wish I was able to really detach myself from things better.

So basically after all the forest walking and beach bench sitting I have come to this conclusion :



It's time for me to do a little more earnest praying, because obviously I'm useless on my own. Haha

1 comment:

Krista & Tyler said...

Well, can you come out during my spring break? Its the week of March 16. Tyler could really use a trim, I mean, his hair is practically drooping into his eyes this week! Yikes! haha Oh kyle-you always make me smile! :)