Tuesday, March 31, 2009

yoga master.


I went and took a yoga class last night with Kristin at this place in Pasadena called Yoga House, I think. I did yoga one time with some of the guys but I don't remember it being anything like what I experienced last night. Before even going in Kristin had to explain some of the proper yoga etiquette to me. Apparently I was dressed more like a bboy than a yoga master, but hey, I was ready just in case the teacher wanted to battle. I wasn't supposed to eat or drink 2 hours before because i guess yoga is similar to swimming? No socks and no shoes. I was cool with everything and really thought it was gonna be a breeze. I figured if I can go windmill-flare-turtle-ufo then how hard could it be to hold some little pose. WRONG. I ended the night in more pain then I feel after most practice sessions, needless to say I was also covered in sweat. But I'd partially like to blame the fact that they keep the temperature of the room at something reminiscent of an island, which explained the thick smell of sweat. I did pretty well for the most part, but I seriously gotta tip my hat to you crazy yoga people, some of those positions you hold are really intense. Really. This one Chinese guy was all into it and his breathing was so loud that I almost started laughing in the beginning, but apparently laughter is also not allowed while trying to put your body in its natural state. The class was great though, I really enjoyed it. It was nice being there with Kristin, we have now exchanged activities. I took her bboy'n and she had me do some yoga. I think her activity was much harder, but then again I've been doing mine for years now.
We've now seen each other 3 out of the past 4 nights and are planning on getting together again tonight. I heard from someone yesterday that she just got out of a relationship which makes me wonder if I'm just the "bounce back" guy. Who knows. Although, I would kind of like to know....
But hey, if I'm gonna take the advice I always give to everyone else, then I should not even worry about it, give my all and just go for it....

No comments: