Tuesday, March 17, 2009

millennium dance....



So most people know I have a really strange obsession with Justin Timberlake. And if you don't, well now you do. Don't judge. Haha. Anyways, so my friend Chris Sullivan has always been telling me about this dance studio called Millennium. The studio pretty much is home to some of the biggest choreographers out there (ie. Shane Sparks, Dave Scott, WADE ROBSON & MARTY KUDELKA) The last two names are in bold for one very special reason, they choreographed specifically for Justin Timberlake! So, of course I've always wanted to go to this studio to go bask in the aura of the greats. Tonight I went and took a bboy class down at Millennium. After I register for the class I go and wait outside the studio and who should come walking out the door ....... yeah Marty Kudelka.

This may not be a big deal to any of you, but to me this was HUGE! This is the man who's choreographing for my freakin' idol. Of course I play it cool and casually nod my head and acknowledge him and he nods back and says hey.... but then he was gone out of my life..... haha In retrospect I feel like I should have maybe tried to talk a little bit and see if I could work some kind of angle. I also had the idea of jumping him and stealing his phone.... but that one didn't play out too well in my head. So, needless to say I'm going back next week.
Oh, and the bboy class I took was dope. The teacher loved me because I can pretty much do most stuff. We actually sessioned a little and tried working on somehow going flare to airchair. He was definitely closer than me, but then again I was killing my reverse handspins tonight. Oh, and there were 2 beautiful girls there. I say girls because they were probably 17 or so, but hey who am I to be "agist"? Anyways, I feel fulfilled as I lay here in bed, more sore than I've been in awhile.... I feel really fulfilled.

1 comment:

Ty Roney said...

"Agist"! one of the greatest new word inventions I have ever heard. You take what you want Kyle.