Sunday, March 29, 2009

tagging. LA. bboy.

I feel compelled to start this post with something directed to my sister Kourtney. We recently exchanged some interesting thoughts on "growing up". She basically told me to suck it up and just do it. She didn't do it in a negative way and in fact I think I really needed to hear it even though at the time I didn't want to hear it. Well the next morning I opened up my scriptures to study for the day and the page it opened up to only had one scripture highlighted, and only part of it was marked.
"you have censured me, but it mattereth not; I am not angry, but do rejoice in the greatness of your heart." (Alma 61:9)
Of course humility hit next. And so to my loving sister I say; "you have censured me, but it mattereth not; I am not angry, but do rejoice in the greatness of your heart."



Ok, so I would like to talk a little about this date I went on Friday night. Well I actually met this girl at a party a few weeks ago, then saw her again at a dance a week ago ( I had already forgotten her name by the time I saw her again, I suck with remembering names) We talked, danced and I got her number. For those of you who know me really well, I'm terrible with the "standard dating protocol". So, I actually texted her that night. A couple days later we set something up for Friday.
We decided we would go downtown and get some bboy pics by some of the tagging. First off, any girl who is down to do something like that is pretty legit. So we went and got some pics down off Garey St. Then we went and had sushi at Sushiya this little trendy restaurant over on Sunset. We grabbed some yogurt at Yogurtland (pretty much the best yogurt place I have ever been to) The night culminated with us watching dancing videos on youtube.
Just a little note here, this was the first date I've been on in about a year I think. Why? Because I have spent this entire past year all wrapped up in the Hannah thing. The guys would be the first to say I should've forgotten about her a long time ago. I couldn't though. You can't blame me for holding on though. I have been around, dated, and hung out with enough girls to know how I want to feel around someone. In fact I know exactly how I want to feel. Hannah was the first girl I had dated since high school who made me feel like that. Well I got that feeling again around Kristin, actually before we even went out. Weird, I know. Part of me was actually hoping the date would be a huge disaster, because the idea of going through a Hannah pt. 2 doesn't strike me as fun. So, I thought, maybe if it goes horribly wrong I will just stop liking her. Wrong. Haha. The date went really well ( I think... haha) and of course now I like her even more.
Of course I called Mom the next day to fill her in on how the date went and for the very first time EVER, Mom said, "you better not mess this one up". Whoa. Usually I like calling bc I know she is gonna say something like "well, just see what happens", or "thats nice, if it is something good then things will work out".... I'm not sure if she is just ready for me to settle down or what, but it was so out of character.... Haha, thanks mom.
Well, if nothing else comes from this I would like to say that I owe Kristin big. Because I have spent the past year unable to move on, always dwelling on something that wasn't good for me. I'm now past that. So, I have no idea what's going to happen but at least I know I'm willing to let something happen.

1 comment:

Krista & Tyler said...

That's the first step, about the dating thing. Just let it be, and roll with it. Don't sweat what the boys are gonna say - they aren't you. Your mom is pretty on track. Keep her statement tucked away-remember it, yet continue with the flow. You already know how it goes :)
I'm with your sister Kourtney too. She better censure you, because at least you two are family and Ty and I won't feel out of place hahahahah jk. but seriously.

we miss you and heart you. congrats on overcoming your refractory period from dating :)