Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hammer & Ice


I went back to Provo this past weekend for the MC Hammer/Vanilla Ice concert. Wow. What a great wknd! I drove up with Cbass and Lindsay Thursday night, so we got into Provo around 4:30 Friday morning. But we didn't get to rest because we had to drive up to Salt Lake to dance for the Good Morning Utah show that morning to help promote the concert. It was sick seeing all the guys again. We had a great time dancing despite the early hour.
The concert was pretty much the most amazing thing ever. We got VIP passes. Free food, clothes, pictures with some of the Jazz players. So dope. Hammer and Ice killed their sets. It was tight listening to all these jams from my childhood.
I loved dancing again and kicking it with the guys in the crew. These guys are a second family. We all share so much together. I'm grateful for the support they are to me and the inspiration they give me. It's funny how Heavenly Father will put certain people in your life who can help you become better. These guys help me do that. It has been amazing to watch all of us change in our desires to become better.
I don't really want to be back here in CA right now. I want to still be with the crew back in Utah. But such is life. You do what you gotta do. I'm grateful to be employed at the moment.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Are you kidding me? You don't want to be back in California right now? I'll switch spots with you, you can just finish up my 485 campaign and I'll take over your internship!

Krista & Tyler said...

remember the 'promise' I made you and Tyson last weekend? Well this morning I read something that not only solved my current issue but thought of you too. It might sound crazy, but find your bible and read 1Sam 9-13. Or find the conference ensign from may and read the talk 'A Matter of a Few Degrees.' then, all I can add is 'learn to wait upon the Lord.' I would read both- it's such an interesting parallel to any situation that we'll come across. Hope you are having fun out there in the sun :) miss ya kiddo!