Sunday, March 15, 2009

march madness = gambling.... well not this year.


I love this time of year. We are about to witness a crazy amount of basketball. Typically this is a time of year where I bring the laptop to class in order to follow the day games. This year provides a unique challenge for me, a job. Whoa, it's looking like I will just have to miss the games and catch the highlights at the end of the day. Lame.

Well, another reason this year differs from years of past will be due to the lack of money in my BookMaker account. What is BookMaker you ask? Well, let's just say it's the sports equivalent of a stock portfolio. Haha. Bluntly, it's my gambling account. Ok, so let me just point out, I have not gambled in quite awhile now. I have learned from some serious mistakes, like choosing Michigan over USC in the NCAA Football Championship several years ago. Oh man was I on the wrong side of that one. But obviously there are other reasons for not gambling, perhaps the biggest being, "thou shalt not gamble." Ok, so technically it didn't make the top ten commandments but nonetheless it's still out there.

So, will March Madness be the same this year? No. I won't be watching all the games, and I won't be *making* any money! It's gonna be rough, but I'll survive.....somehow.

No comments: