Saturday, April 4, 2009

Kozy Korner & the Americana....


It had been 2 days since I last saw Kristin. That's too long... Part of me obviously wants to see her as much as I possibly can because I'm leaving back to Utah in a week. Wow... a week? I can't believe I'm already getting ready to finish up out here. The time has disappeared. I have done so much here and maybe that's why the time has gone in a flash.
Kristin got off work around 7 and after that we headed over to Kozy Korner Thai. Kozy Korner is this small Thia restaurant with the nicest lady owner. I'm going to miss this place. I've gotten Thai there more times than I can remember and if you're ever in the Glendale area you better head over to Wilson Street and check this place out.
I also wanted to get a couple pictures down at the Americana. This is one of the most amazing malls I've ever been too and I've loved going down there to watch the water show at night. It's beautiful.
We watched Nick & Norahs Infinite Playlist after that. Eh. We didn't really care for it. Now I wish we had gotten Eagle Eye instead because I still haven't seen that one.
We talked for awhile about all kinds of different things and she mentioned something about how it was too bad we met so late during my time here. I can't help but think it was by design things played out like this. If I had met her at the beginning of my time out here I may not have even shown interest because I wouldn't allow myself to.
I can't stop thinking about the words of my Bishop back in Provo. He called me out in Sacrament meeting a few weeks before I left, saying, that he wanted to see a wedding invitation from me soon... Haha, I laughed. And later that night he told my brother in an interview that for some reason my name came to is head as he was making the announcements and felt prompted to call me out because he felt I was going to meet someone here in California. Well, I say "someone" but I guess I should say he said I was going to meet the person I was going to marry. I doubted. And doubted all through the entire time out here. But I have to admit I am beginning to push the doubt aside.
I could easily say that because I'm going back to Utah that nothing will happen and I will just move on. But I feel complete when I'm around her. It's a different feeling than I have experienced with anyone before. And I like it. A lot. So I'm not going to go back to Provo and just move on. I'm going to take the advice I've given out dozens of times to other people and I'm going to work for it....

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Kristen and Kyle sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g, first comes LOVE, then comes M-----

Sarah said...

My husband busted out the "L" word after only dating 2 weeks, proposed after 2 months and we were married 8 months after our first date. I think it was a little quick...but I said yes and here we are 5 years later and our marriage has never been better. After talking about it years later, he said once he knew I was "the one" what was the point in wasting our time dating? Let's let eternity start now. We were also in a crossroads like you. The semester was ending and I was heading back to TX for my break. So he took the opportunity while he could or else he would lose me (his words, not mine). Keep doing what you're doing, pray hard, and have faith. It will all turn out the way God intended.