Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Lord is in the details....

I saw Kristin again last night. I got back from my trip to the bay area and of course wanted to see her as soon as I could. Before I left on the trip I thought it would be good for us to be away from each other so that we could make sure that we are actually interested in each other. I have heard people say that it's good to be away because it helps you sort through your feelings and can help you grow closer. I agree and disagree. I have spent most of my life without Kristin so, can I live without her? Yes. Do I want to? No. No. No.
I can see the hand of the Lord in almost every detail that led Kristin to me. (I say He led her to me because she actually approached me the night we met) And then a week later she approached me again at a dance. I think the Lord realized I was pretty much useless at dating and knew He would need to step in if I was ever going to be with that person He had in mind for me. Haha.
I can't help but smile right now as I think of the timeline of our relationship. In the span of one month we have gone from meeting to me beginning the journey of falling in love with her. And after 2 weeks of dating I can't picture my life without her. The Lord knows what he's doing. And he does things His way. I NEVER NEVER NEVER thought I would follow the "stereotypical" Mormon pattern of meeting someone and being married soon after. All I can say now is that I'm done trying to do things my way. It's time I exercised a little more faith and let the Lord continue to guide my life.
I'm so grateful to know that He takes an active interest in my life and really in each of our lives. Think for a second about times in your life when you know the Lord has guided you and think if we would just leave ourselves open all the time how much more He could do for us. What a humbling and testimony strengthening experience the past few weeks have been.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

All I can say is HA! HA! HA! I never thought I'd follow the stereotypical Mormon dating either yet here I am! Welcome to the club! :) Kristin's lucky to have you.

ashley said...

wow. i hope it's not weird that i read your blog...but i am so happy for you! i love hearing the kristin updates. yall are so cute together!

Karlie Hancock said...

I hope you don't mind my reading a bit on your blog, but wow is the only thing that comes to mind right now. Great thing to just let the Lord have his way eh?! Even if it's not easy at first! :) She is beautiful by the way! Congrats! I think everyone should do what you did and trust in Him more.. See how much better life can be!