Monday, April 6, 2009

Sabbath sunrise....


The day started pretty early, I got up a little after 5 got ready and headed over to Kristin's. Beautiful even after rolling out of bed we then headed over to Mulholland Drive. There is a little viewpoint park there that overlooks the Hollywood Bowl as well as downtown LA. It was a crystal clear morning and we got there just as the sun was beginning to come over the horizon. It was amazing to sit and look at such a fast paced city from a distance. I'm so used to sitting in traffic with hundreds of other cars and the hustle of the city. It was nice to sit back and see the city in a different light.
We headed back to Glendale after the sunrise so we could make breakfast. Kristin brought a waffle iron and some waffle mix from Williams Sonoma. Yeah, she loves that store. And yes, I know Mom, you love that store as well so you should be happy about that. Haha. I actually noticed a difference in the taste of the waffles as opposed to normal waffle mix. Of course I had to make sure some kind of crazy sugar was involved so I got strawberries, whipped cream and powdered sugar for the waffles!
Conference was amazing. There were times where I sat there and felt like the speaker was sitting with just me, offering me counsel as I move forward in my life. I feel really strongly about provident living and some changes I need to continue making in my spending habits. I was really touched as I was counseled to embrace change. I can get into a comfort zone very quickly and often hesitate to move forward. This needs to change. It's time to embrace that next chapter in life. And with each day that passes I feel like I'm mroe willing to accept the fact that there are things I need to make less of a priority in order to make myself more available to do the things the Lord wants me to do. I really feel touched by the words I heard and the feelings promptings I received personally.
Oh and how crazy is it that President Munday was made an Area Authority. I just found out he will be the Area Authority over the Utah South Area. What an amazing man and how grateful I am for the things he has taught me both on the mission and after the mission.
Kristin and I literally spent from sunrise to well after sunset together. You would think we would have been more than ready to say good bye at the end of the day. I wasn't ready. We didn't really do much besides watch conference, eat some food and talk. Some times we just sat there with our own thoughts. And I loved it. It felt as comfortable as if I was with one of the guys in the crew, but with one exception, I always feel like standing a little taller and being a little better around her. I'm trying as best I can to show her the respect she deserves. I feel grateful that she is somehow able to see past my weaknesses and flaws.
It's funny how we both feel a sort of familiarity with one another. We have been dating now for just over one week but I get the feeling that we have been friends for much longer. How crazy, but really nice.
I'm leaving today for the Bay Area for a work trip. And I'll be gone all week... We both decided it will be good to take things off for a bit to see if we still really want to be around each other or if we feel differently. It will be interesting for sure to see. But I have a feeling I know how this week will go and how I will feel Friday as I drive back here...

1 comment:

Krista & Tyler said...

Kyle...
does she read your blog?