Tuesday, January 5, 2010

my family.


Some of my holiday posts might lead you to believe my family is crazy.

The truth is - WE ARE!

But name a family that isn't. Every family has their own issues to deal with. That's life! As for the Aldous family, I do not always like some of the things that are done around here by certain individuals. Those crazy acts will never change the fact that I love my family, ALOT. And so to start this new year off I've decided to do a little tribute post to the ones I love. . . .

Dad
You are an enduring example of what a good husband and father is. You make the gospel a priority and it shows in everything you do. If somehow I can even come close to measuring up to the standard you have set then I will count myself blessed beyond anything I could possibly deserve.

Mom
I've never questioned your love. It has been there through all of my craziness and it is that love that has gotten me through some of my hardest times. You have taught me well (even though I know I haven't always acted in accordance with those teachings - haha). You run around daily trying to make sure we are happy - your sacrifice has not gone unnoticed.

Kailynn
I'm the oldest, but at times I feel like you're the most mature of the kids. Haha.
No, but seriously.
Because of that, I feel like I have looked up to you for years now. You've always been so disciplined and able to succeed. You are going to seriously be a supermom! In fact I might just come live in the basement and have you guys take care of me. j/k
Or am I? haha

Dallas
You somehow snuck your red haired genes into this family- haha. Anyways, I've learned to look past it. The thing I admire most about you is your drive (not in golf - even though it is better then mine.... for now) You know what you want and you just go out and take it. Your drive shows in your high level of competitiveness. Never settling for anything less than winning (except when playing me, when of course defeat is inevitable, haha) I couldn't have asked for a better brother in law.

Kory
Oh man, I can remember how we fought like crazy growing up about the dumbest things. You are one of my best friends now. You have this great knack for making things happen - even when everything seems to be working against you. You always pull through and always will. (I'm counting on you perfecting this whole handicapping thing so I can ride those plays to the bank, haha)

Kourtney
What else is there to say besides the fact that you are successful at pretty much everything you touch. A true perfectionist. I love it and have always admired your ability to seemingly do EVERYTHING.

Korinne
You do not accept NO for an answer. I have seen this work against you at times - haha - but this trait will pay off huge in the future when you really learn to put it to good use. I look at you and see tremendous potential to be successful in the whatever endeavor you decide to pursue.

Kameron
You've got a good heart and do a great job of getting us all together to do things. You have more to offer then you realize right now and I really hope you begin to see your true value. You will be so successful when you begin to catch a glimpse of the many talents and qualities you have.


I have a crazy family, but I love them and when push comes to shove I would do anything for any of them.

1 comment:

Angela S said...

So how did Dallas come into the familY?