Tuesday, January 19, 2010

tribute to suits.

I am a little obsessed with the show 'How I Met Your Mother'.

In the event that you're as old or older than I am you will totally recognize one of the main characters, Barney Stinson, as the former teen doctor - Doogie Howser.

Barney has now spent 5 seasons extolling the qualities of the suit and I'm a believer.

Anyone who says "image isn't everything--- people should look for what's on the inside" is an IDIOT.

Think about why you dress up for a job interview. Before that potential employer knows anything about you - they see you. Think about what you are telling them before you even open your mouth.

It's unfortunate but many times the only reason people take the opportunity to get to know the real you is because they liked what they saw on the outside.
*don't confuse this with attraction*

Anyways - back to the suits.

You might be asking yourself, "but Kyle there are so many options for suits; pin stripe, 2-button, 3-button, 3 piece, fitted, loose etc. etc. - where do I start?"

Great question. And who better to answer that question than the individual who helped bring suits back while bringing sexyback--Justin Timberlake.

Here's 2 options that will give you a look for any occassion:

The formal 3 piece fitted suit with dress shoes says:
"I'm the business -- Literally. I can handle your stocks, close a deal, lead a sermon, date a supermodel, and should the occassion require it; accept an MTV VMA."


The more casual 3 piece loose fitting suit with white tennis shoes says:
"I'm the business--BUT I know how to party. One minute I will attending a formal affair and the next I will be keeping things fresh on the dance floor."

Obviously I'm a little biased towards 3-piece suits. And let's be honest the white tennis shoes? Well, they're freaking awesome.

Just in case you haven't had enough over-the-top suit promotion, I will leave you with the ultimate musical tribute to this deserving piece of dress clothing.

5 comments:

ahlin said...

i completely agree. suits suit men best. and i am also addicted to himym. thank you leah.

and yes. i am blogstalking you.

beware.

jk.

but really.

Angela S said...

I love finding friends who have good taste in TV. And yes, suits are pretty fly.

Kailynn Cooper said...

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get Dallas some new suits! Love the tv clip!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

[i]cool posts, will be checking you again[/i]